Friday, December 3, 2010

Gettin acquainted

First of all I must say that I like this horse a lot. I don't have too much to report yet because I am still learning about him, what makes him click, and what all he knows. However, like all horses I work with I have a set of specific basics that I like the horses to be able to do. Softness and lightness is the main and most important element to me. He seems a little pushy on the bridle (of course he is getting used to me as well), and ground manners is another. I have an idea that once the pushiness leaves on the ground it will in saddle as well. As far as riding out he has done ok he gets nervous but he handles himself well, I anticipate with more time and miles out he will get less and less nervous. One of the main things that I am working with him on when we ride is to pay attention to me and look to me for direction. However he doesn't do anything bad, as a matter of fact I am impressed with how well he reacts when something has him worried. If all Appaloosas were as good as him they would have a better reputation. I hope to have more to report on in the future and look forward to several good miles with Bucky. Until next time, God Bless, BW

No comments:

Post a Comment